For the last two years, our ISR modular sewage treatment plant with a capacity of 2.5 MLD has been operating successfully on the bank of Gomti river, Lucknow, one at arts college drain adjoining Lucknow university and another at Belha nalla near Belha Devi temple in Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh. this modular based ISR treatment plant installed on drain which prevent solid waste stagnation along the river bank and mixing of untreated sewage into the river. the wastewater from the drain is converted into clean water containing BOD<10-20, and COD<50 is discharged in to river Gomti. this ISR operates under four technical aspects to obtain clean and pollution free water through neutralization, degradation, phase separation, disinfection and filtration. it can operate with low manpower and negligible power consumption, so the operation and maintenance cost of this treatment system is low when compared to centralized system.
This system has the following advantages and will be adopted widely in the future in mentioned below:
1. This cost-effective technology operates with a well-defined inlet and outlet along with sizeable treatment length.
2. High longevity, less space needed for installation, less commissioning time and expected to any volume of wastewater with one treating stretch (drain or ganda nallah).
3. The treatment yields a negligible or nil volume of sludge and no extra land is needed for sludge disposal.
4. ISR STP treated wastewater exhibited a reduction in the soluble and insoluble organic pollutants and a nil balance in the microbial count.
5. The treated system having a high removal efficiency of bod and cod to the standards as specified by the national green tribunal.
6. It can continuously treat sewage wastewater throughout the year and is designed with a service span of 10 years without any additional requirement of overhauling.
7. The treated wastewater can be reused for groundwater recharge, cooling system, toilet flushing, fire protection, construction, purpose, horticulture and agriculture purposes, exterior washing of vehicle and cleaning of train coaches, etc.
This modular based ISR technology does not require features, such as, laying of several kilometres, long sewer lines, erecting big structure and 2-3 years long commissioning time like conventional treating plants. moreover, a simplified sewer system is sufficient to install our ISR treatment by this it can be applied on a cluster level and also can serve to rural regions or local communities and thereby reducing the burden and working load of the government...